Italy 2013 by bogdymol

Started by bogdymol, August 27, 2013, 05:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogdymol

San Marino streets:

Leader soldiers toys:

The Government house:

I was lucky to get at the Government house exactly when the guard was changed:

Locuit, Vizitat, Condus în: A B BG BiH CH CY CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IL IRL L LT M MK MNE NL P PL RO RSM RUS S SK SLO SRB TR UK V
+ Australia, Canada, Egipt, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Maroc, Noua Zeelandă, Singapore, Emiratele Arabe Unite & Statele Unite ale Americii
drumurile mele

bogdymol

San Marino old town is like a shopping mall:

San Marino old town map:

At the border between Italy and San Marino there are no checks, but you can get a stamp on your passport if you want from the touristic office. I forgot my passport in my car :(

San Marino police:

Basilica di San Marino:

Locuit, Vizitat, Condus în: A B BG BiH CH CY CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IL IRL L LT M MK MNE NL P PL RO RSM RUS S SK SLO SRB TR UK V
+ Australia, Canada, Egipt, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Maroc, Noua Zeelandă, Singapore, Emiratele Arabe Unite & Statele Unite ale Americii
drumurile mele

bogdymol

Some pictures from one of the 3 defence towers of San Marino:

This defence tower on Mount Titano looks more or less like a castle:

Other defence tower:

Inner court:

Some paintings on the walls inside:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

To go to the top of the tower you have to climb a very narrow and steep leader:

Top floor of the tower:

San Marino seen from the top of the tower. Far away you can also see the Adriatic Sea:

A roundabout seen from the tower:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

More pictures from the streets of San Marino:

Vampire museum:

Another shopping street. On the left it's Museum of Curiousities:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

Flag of San Marino

Policeman directing traffic at the pedestrian crossing that enters the old town of San Marino:

Old town walls:

"Turn off your engine" signs:

Dacia Duster can into San Marino :banana:

Next pictures will be from Rimini beach.
drumurile mele

bogdymol

Next pictures are from Rimini, Italy and more exactly it's beach to the Adriatic Sea.

The road along the beach:

Rimini beach:

View from the Adriatic Sea:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

Polizia was patrolling the beach:

Some people were having fun:

That's it from Rimini. Next pictures will be from Ferrari museum in Maranello.
drumurile mele

bogdymol

It passed such a long time since I've last updated this thread... but today I will do it.

The following pictures are from Ferrari Museum in Maranello.

The museum exhibits historic cars, as well as modern ones:

This Ferrari Mondial T Cabrio was driven by Al Pacino in 1992 movie Scent of a Woman:

A copy of Enzo Ferrari's office:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

There's an area in the museum dedicated to Ferrari's Formula 1 presence:

Formula 1's cars from the recent years are displayed:

Formula 1 steering wheel:

Colection of trophies obtained in Formula 1:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

Their last car model is LaFerrari. Only 499 cars will be built and each one will cost over 1 million €. It will have a 6.3 liter engine that produces 790 hp and the top speed will exceed 350 km/h. Rumours say that this car will be sold only to loyal Ferrari customers.

I've also done a tour of Ferrari Factory in Maranello and Fiorano Track. Unfortunately I did this in August, during those 2 weeks of holiday in the factory... so I mostly saw an abandoned factory. I also was a bit disappointed by the tour because they only took us with the bus and the tour didn't include any stops and we weren't allowed to get actually inside the factory buildings (we just saw them from outside and the guide told us what was happening inside each building).

Unfortunately taking photos during this tour was forbidden for preserving the secrets of building a sports car. All the photo cameras and phones had a sticker applied on them to prevent photography:

Near the Ferrari Museum in Maranello there are a few "rent a car" companies that allow you to actually drive a Ferrari:

The prices were unfortunately over my budget:

That's all for today. Next pictures will be from Enzo Ferrari house museum in Modena.
drumurile mele

bogdymol

I'm going to continue with pictures from Enzo Ferrari house museum in Modena.

The old Enzo's house next to the modern museum:

Inscription on one of the property surrounding walls:

"

Inside the modern museum there were displayed a lot of classic race cars, mostly Ferrari or Maserati:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

Some interesting cars displayed there:

Inside the 'old' building (Enzo Ferrari's house) there were a lot of significant historical objects, as well as short clips about his life projected on the white screen on the left:

Enzo Ferrari's drivers license and racing pilot license:

drumurile mele

bogdymol

Modena town itself didn't impress me so much. It was ok, but not very touristic place. I'll leave some pictures here:

Next pictures will be from Mantova (Mantua) town :cheers:
drumurile mele

bogdymol

Next town on my holiday list was Sirmione (map). This small, but very beautiful, town is located on a peninsula on Garda Lake (Lago di Garda) in Italy. Sirmione is a place where I promised to return. It was one of the best  locations I visited during this holiday (if not the best).

(not my picture)

The only entrance in Sirmione is through the gates of Scaliger Castle:

The same entrance seen from the other side of the gate:

Scaliger Castle:

One of the castle's entrance gates:

Scaliger Castle inner court:

Scaliger Castle inner port:

drumurile mele